Solved Question Paper West Bengal Civil Service Executive (Pre) Exam 2013 Subject – GS Page 3
(51) An ice cube containing a large bubble of air is floating in water contained in a large beaker. When the ice melts completely, the level of water will
(A)Remain Unchanged (B)Go Down (C)Rise (D)First Rise and then go down
(52) Where in 9142 was ‘Swaraj Panchayat’ set up?
(A)Tamluk (B)Contai (C)Cuttak (D)Puri
(53) India’s political system is –
(A)Democratic (B)Dictatorial (C)Military (D)None of above
(54) For the same Kinetic energy, the momentum shall be maximum for –
(A)Electron (B)Proton (C)Deuteron (D)Alpha Particle
(55) The hurricane that hit USA on the eve of the 2012 Presidential election was –
(A)Sandy (B)Cindy (C)Tony (D)Florance
(56) Who was the first President of the ‘Constituent Assembly’?
(A)Dr. Ambedkar (B)Rajagopalchari (C)Abul Kalam Azad (D)Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(57) Cultivation of Boro Rice in West Bengal is predominant in –
(A)Purilia Plateau area (B)North Bengal plains (C)Easters Districts (D)Rarh area
(58) Dyne-sec stands for the unit of –
(A)Force (B)Momentum (C)Energy (D)Power
(59) Which country recently planned to replace paper money with plastic bank notes?
(A)Germany (B)Australia (C)New Zealand (D)U.K.
(60) In which year was the Asiatic Society founded?
(A)1784 (B)1785 (C)1794 (D)1796
(61) Who was not member of the Subhash Chandra Bose’s Azad Hind Fauj?
(A)P.K. Sahgal (B)Shah Nawaj Khan (C)Captain Mohan Singh (D)G.S. Dhillon
(62) Seismograph is –
(A)An instrument for photographic clouds (B)An instrument for recording earthquake tremors (C)An instruments for measuring depth of water in sea (D) A device for recording changes in atmospheric pressure
(63) The dispute regarding ‘Sir Creek’ is between –
(A)India-Bangladesh (B)India-Pakistan (C)India-Nepal (D)India-Sri Lanka
(64) The non-Coopration Movement was launched by Mahtamma Gandhi was in –
(A)1916 (B)1920 (C)1923 (D)1926
(65) Green Revolution occurred first in –
(A)Punjab & Haryana (B)Bihar & West Bengal (C)Andhra Pradesh & Tamilnadu (D) Gujarat & Maharashtra
(66) Water is boiling in flask over a burner. To reduce its boiling temperature one must –
(A)Reduce the surrounding temperature (B)Connect the mouth of the flask to an evacuating system (C)Supply heat from a less intense source (D)Connect the mouth of the flask to a compressor
(67) Who was one of the advocates of ‘United Sovereign Bengal’?
(A)H.S. Surhawardi (B)Shaymaaprasad Mukherjee (C)Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (D)None of the above
(68) Tipu’s final defeat came at the hands of –
(A)Lord Wellesley (B)Lord Cornwallis (C)Lord Dalhousie (D)John Shore
(69) India is a full member of –
(A)NAFTA (B)E.U. (C)SAARC (D)None of the above
(70) One of the breakthrough of Acharya P.C. Roy was to synthesize the following compound –
(A)HgCl2 (B)HgO (C)HG2Cl2 (D)NH2NO4
(71) The nobel peace prize of 2012 went to –
(A) Lin Ziaobo (B) Barack Obama (C) European Union (D) Al Gore
(72) Who translated ‘Neel Darpan’?
(A) Rev. Jemes Long (B) William Cary (C) Satish Chandra Mukherjee (D) Michael Madhusudan Dutta
(73) Who wrote ‘India Wins Freedom’?
(A) Jawaharlal Nehru (B) Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (C) Sardar Patel (D) M.A. Jinnah
(74) Instruments can be shielded from the effects of the external fields be surrounding them with –
(A) A Glass Shields (B) A Rubber shields (C) A Brass shield (D) An iron shield
(75) Share of the sector in India’s GDP is highest –
(A) Agriculture Sector (B) Industrial Sector (C) Service Sector (D) Foreign Trade sector
(76) The Prarthana Samaj was establshed by
(A) M.G. Gandhi (B) Atmaram Pandurang (C) Ram Mohun Roy (D) Keshab Sen
(77) Finds the missing terms of the series
24, 25, 27, ?, 39, 55
(A)29 (B) 31 (C) 33 (D) 35
(78) The tourist, Bosusco Paolo who was released by Maoists in Odhisa in April 2012 hailed from –
(A) Itly (B) France (C) Germany (D) U.S.A
(79) On a map of the world some lines are drawn joining places of equal dip angles. These lines are known as –
(A) Isogenic Lines (B) Isoclinic Lines (C) Agonic Lines (D) Isothermal Lines
(80) Where did Bhil revolt take place
(A) Chhotanagpur (B) Singhbhun (C) Satara (D) Khandesh