ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 has been start in Mirpur, Bangladesh on 19.02.2011. There are many records have made in this mega tournament. Here is list of those important records which is made in ICC world Cup 2011.
(1) Virendra Sehwag (India) has made 175 runs on 19.02.2011 in match between India Vs Bangladesh. Sehwag reached on 5th rank on top ten highest run maker’s list in ICC World Cup match. He touched the record of Kapil Dev who made 175 runs in World Cup match 1983 against West Indies.
(2) Virendra Sehwag and Virat Kohli (India) made 203 runs in partnership for 3rd wicket in match against Bangladesh on 19.02.2011, which is highest runs for 3rd wicket partnership in World Cup record.
(3) Yuvraj Singh (India) has taken 5 wickets of Ireland team on 06.03.2011 and made 50 runs also. This is highest record for any bowler in cricket world cup.
(4) Sachin Tendulkar (India) has completed 2000 runs in world cup match on 09.03.2011 during playing against Netherlands. Sachin Tendulkar made highest runs in World Cup matches. Tendulkar is first player of world who made more than 2000 runs in World Cup matches. He is playing his 6th World Cup match. Not any other player could cross 2000 runs in world cup matches.
(5) Tilakratne Dilshan and Upul Tharanga (Sri Lanka) has made 282 runs in partnership for first wicket during playing against Zimbabwe on 09.03.2011. This partnership is highest record in World Cup match. They broken record of partnership record of 194 for first wicket by Saeed Anwar and Wasti (Pakistan).
(6) Virendra Sahwag (India) is first opener batsman in World Cup ever who made four runs on the every first ball for team in each five matches continuously. Not any opener batsman could open account with four run in first ball in 5 match continuously.
(7) Tilakratne Dilshan (Sri Lanka ) has made 500 runs total in 9 matches which is highest in world cup tournament 2011. Sachin Tendulakr is on second position with 482 runs in 9 matches.
(8) Zahir Khan (India) and Shahid Afridi (Pakistan) has taken 21-21 wickets, and became highest wicket takers in World Cup match 2011.
(9) In the final match of world cup 2011 toss has been done two times. This is first case in world cup match ever when toss has been done two times.
(10) In the final match of world cup 2011 Sri Lanka has made 274 runs which is highest target run in ever world cup final match. India has made 277 runs which is highest runs in world cup final match ever.
(11) This is first time when host India won the world cup ever. Not any host country team could won world cup on their land ever.