Bihar is very famous for vegetable production. Many green vegetables are grown in Bihar. Many food items are also imported in Bihar. Being a hub of vegetables, the prices of seasonal vegetables and fruits in Bihar are lower than other states in Bihar. But due to lack of season of many vegetables, there is also an increase in the prices of those vegetables and fruits.
Here is a list of the prices of the main fruits and vegetables found in Bihar in the retail market. The prices are as on 01.01.2020.
- Apple (सेब) – Rs. 70/Kg
- Orange (संतरा) – Rs. 30/Kg
- Local Guava (स्थानीय अमरुद) – Rs. 60/Kg
- Banana (केला) – Rs. 15-20/Dozen
- Pomegranate (अनार) – Rs. 40/Kg
- Mango (आम) – Not Available Now
- Lychee (लीची) – Not Available Now
- Potato (आलू) – Rs. 20-22/Kg
- Onion (प्याज) – Rs. 80/Kg
- Cauliflower (फूलगोभी) – Rs. 25 per piece
- Cabbage (पत्ता गोभी) – Rs. 20/Kg
- Spinach (पालक) – Rs. 15/Kg.
- Pumpkin (कद्दू) – Rs. 15/Kg
- Brinjal (बैंगन) – Rs. 20-25/Kg
- Pointed Gourd (परवल) – Rs. 50/Kg
- Ladyfinger (भिन्डी) – Rs. 60/Kg.
- Sweet Gourd (नेनुआ) – Rs. 50/Kg
- Green Onion (हरा प्याज) – Rs. 60/Kg.
- Tomato (टमाटर) – Rs. 25/Kg.
- Garlic (लहसुन) – Rs. 300/Kg.
- Ginger (अदरक) – Rs. 200/Kg
- Green Chilli (हरी मिर्च) – Rs. 40/Kg.