KBC is a quiz show that has been airing on Sony TV for the past several years. The show is hosted by Bollywood’s famous actor Amitabh Bachchan. However, one season of the show was also hosted by Bollywood’s famous actor Shahrukh Khan. The show started in the year 2000, the first edition of which ran till 2001. At that time, the maximum prize money of this show was Rs one crore. The show’s second season began in the year 2005. The maximum prize money for the second season (2005-06) and the third season (2007) was increased to Rs 2 crore. The fourth edition of this show started in the year 2010, when the maximum prize money was increased to Rs. 5 crores. In the fifth edition (2011) and sixth edition (2012-13), the maximum prize money of 5 crore rupees was continued. From the show of the Seventh season (2013), the maximum prize money of this quiz show has been increased to 7 crores rupees. Till the 11th edition (2019), the maximum amount of the award has been raised to Rs. 7 crores.
Questions related to general knowledge are asked in this show. A reward of 1000 rupees is given for the correct answer to the first question. After that the reward amount increases for every other question. And in this way, by answering 15 questions correctly, the contestants can win a reward of Rs 1 crore.
Here is the prize money for different number of questions –
To get an entry in this show, you have to answer the question asked in the promo of this show. If your answer is correct then your selection will be done, after that you can join the show as a contestant.
From the first edition of KBC to the 11th edition, there are only 13 such lucky contestants who have won 1 crore or more in this show. Here is a list of lucky participants who have become millionaires through this show –
- Harshvardhan Navathe (Mumbai) – Winner of Rs. 1 Crore (KBC, Seson-1, 19th October 2000)
- Vijay Raul and Arundhati (SAIL), Winners od Rs. 1 Crore (KBC Season -1 Jodi Special, 2nd May, 2001)
- Ravi Mohan Saini (Vishakhapatnam) – Winner of Rs. 1 Crore (KBC Season -1 ‘Junior’, 14th May, 2001)
- Brajesh Dube (Guna, Madhya Pradesh) – Winner of Rs. 1 Crore (KBC Season 2, 5th November 2005)
- Mrs. Rahat Taslim (Giridih, Jharkhand) – Winner of Rs. 1 Crore (KBC Season 4, 22nd November 2010)
- Sushil Kumar (Motihari, Bihar) – Winner of Rs. 5 Crore (KBC Season 5, 26th October, 2011)
- Anil Kumar Sinha (Patna, Bihar) – Winner of Rs. 1 Crore (KBC Season 5, 3rd November 2011)
- Mrs. Sanmeet Kaur Sawhney (Mumbai) – Winner of Rs. 5 Crore (KBC Season 6, 12th January 2013)
- Achin Narula and Sarthak Narula (Delhi) – Winner of Rs. 7 Crore (KBC Season 8, 9th October 2014)
- Mrs. Anamika Majumdar (Jamshedpur, Jharkhand) – Winner of Rs. 1 Crore (KBC Season 9, 29th September 2017)
- Mrs Binita Jain (Guwahati, Assam) – Winner of Rs. 1 Crore (KBC Season 10, 1st October, 2018)
- Sanoj Raj (Jehanabad, Bihar) – Winner of Rs. 1 crore (KBC Season 11, 14th September 2019)
- Mrs. Babita Tade (Amravati, Maharashtra) – Winner of Rs. 1 crore (KBC Season 11, 19th September 2019)
- Mr. Gautam Kumar Jha (Madhubani, Bihar) – Winner Of Rs. 1 Crore (KBC Season 11, 16th October, 2019)
- Mr. Ajit Kumar (Hajipur, Bihar) – Winner of Rs. 1 Crore (KBC Season 11, 12th November 2019)
- Mrs. Nazia Nasim (New Delhi) – Winner of Rs. 1 crore (KBC Season 12, 11th November 2020)
- Mrs. Mohita Sharma (Kangra, Himachal Pradesh) – Winner of Rs. 1 crore (KBC Season 12, 17th November 2020)