The honeymoon is the most memorable moment after marriage. During this time, newcomers want to know and understand each other. New marital life begins at this very moment. Often, each other can be understood better only when the newlyweds leave their work and family for some time and roam in the valley of any hill. There are many hill stations in India where you can enjoy your honeymoon in low budget. Here is list of top 10 honeymoon sites og India.
(1) Gangtok – Gangtok is the capital of Sikkim state. The city of Gangtok is situated at an altitude of 1650 meters above sea level. From Gangtok you can clearly see the K2 peaks of the Himalayas. From April to September, the temperature here is 0 degrees. There is no snowfall at that time. During October to March, the temperature here is below 0 degree and there is a lot of snowfall at that time. In Gangtok, hotel rooms are available cheaply. It is very crowded in summer, due to which the hotel room rate at that time goes up to ₹2000 /day. The month from September to February remains here as the off season. At this time you will get rooms in the same hotel for just ₹600 to ₹1000 per day.
(2) Lachung – Lachung is a town and hill station in northeast Sikkim. Lachung is a great destination to have a honeymoon. Lachung is 102 km away from Gangtok and can be reached from Lachung by taxi cab or bus from Gangtok. Its height is 2600 meters from the sea shore. There are many hotels here. By stopping in Lachung, you can see many peaks of the Himalayas located around it. It is snowing here from September to May. Tourists come from all over the world to visit the town between October and May. During winter the town is usually covered in snow. Even in the summer, the temperature of Lachung is less than 0 degree.
(3) Tawang – Taang is a town in Arunachal Pradesh state. Tawang is situated at an altitude of 3000 meters above sea level. Tawang receives snowfall every year during December–January. The nearest railway station of Tawang is Rangapara North Station. To go to Tawang, go to Rangpara North Station by train from Guwahati, then you can go to Tawang by taxi or bus from there. Tawang is 317 kilometers from Rangapara North Station. If you do not want to travel this distance at once, then you can halt at Bomdila, which is situated in the middle of Rangapara North and Tawang. Bomdila is also a very attractive place. There are many hotels here too.
(4) Dalhousie – Dalhousie is a hill station in Chamba district, in the northern Indian state of Himachal Pradesh. It is situated on 5 hills and has an elevation of 1,970 metres above sea level. It is very cold from December to March. There is also a lot of snowfall around Dalhousie in the month of December. There are many hotels here, which get a room in the budget of Rs 700 to Rs 1000.
(5) Dharamshala (also spelled Dharamsala) – Dharamshala is the district headquarters of Kangra district in Himachal Pradesh. One can travel here every month of the year. It never gets hot here. There are many tourist spots around here. McLeod Ganj is located 6 km away from Dharamshala. McLeod Ganj also has many tourist places and beautiful lakes which attract a large number of tourists every day. During the cold days, there is a lot of snowfall in Dharamsala and McLeod Ganj. Between Dharamshala and McLeod Ganj there are countless hotels where rooms are available on rent for just Rs 500 / day.
The nearest railway station to Dharamshala is Kangra railway station. To go to Kangra station, you will get a train from Pathankot Junction. Pathankot Junction is on main railway line from Jammu to New Delhi. There is a separate railway line from Pathankot junction to Kangra Valley which will take you to Kangra railway station in 4 hours. Dharamshala is 22 km from Kangra where one can go by bus or taxi. The train from Pathankot to Kangra opens from Pathankot station at 2 AM, 4 AM, 6 AM, 6.75 AM, 10.10 AM, 12.50 PM and 03:00 PM.
(6) Manikaran – Manikarna is located almost in the middle of Kullu and Manali in Himachal Pradesh. Apart from being a hill station, it is also a sacred pilgrimage site for Sikh and Hinduism. Manikarna has many temples and a gurudwara. There are temples of the Hindu deities Rama, Krishna, and Vishnu. The area is well known for its hot springs and its beautiful landscape. Due to Manikarna being a religious place, there are hotels here at cheap prices. You can also visit the beautiful plains of Kullu and Manali by stopping at Manikarna. The nearest railway station to Manikarna is Joginder Nagar station. Jogindernagar is connected to Pathankot Junction by the Kangra Valley railway line. Which has been mentioned above. From Jogindernagar railway station to Manikarna, you can come via taxi or bus via Kullu. There are many tourist spots in and around Manikarna where one can travel easily.
(7) Gulmarg – Gulmarg is a town, a popular hill station, in the Baramulla district of the Indian union territory of Jammu and Kashmir. The town is situated in the Pir Panjal Range in the western Himalayas. Gulmarg experiences snowfall from October to March. Except for the summer months of May, June, July and August, the temperature remains around zero degree here. Many peaks of the Himalayas can be seen here. There are many hotels in Gulmarg. Before coming here, please take the information of law and order. There is peace here by the way. To go to Gulmarg, you have to first go to Srinagar. Gulmarg is at a distance of 50 km from Srinagar, where one can go by local bus or taxi. Rooms in Oyo Hotel in Gulmarg usually get from 400 to 1000 per day. But for that, you must book online before going there, then it will be better.
(8) Sonmarg – Sonamarg is the pride of Jammu and Kashmir. You will remember the beautiful view here for a lifetime. It is snowing here on cold days. To go to Sonamarg, first you have to go to Srinagar. Sonmarg is 80 km away from Srinagar, where you can go by local bus or taxi. Guess here is peace. Terrorism does not happen here. You can go here for a whole year. There are also Oyo hotels in Sonmarg, which if booked in advance, you can book rooms from 700 to 800 per day. The time to check in here is 12 noon, and the time to check out is 11 am.
(9) Leh – Leh is the capital and the largest town in the union territory of Ladakh in northern India. Leh is situated at an altitude of 3500 meters from the beach. There is a lot of snowfall here in the winter. The best way to reach Leh is by air. To get to Leh, you will get flights from Delhi, Chandigarh, Jammu and Srinagar. Hotel rooms here are available for Rs 1000 / day. Book the hotel online before going here. There is no law and order problem in Leh. You can come here anytime feel free to travel.
(10) Kodaikanal – Kodaikanal is a city in the hills of the Dindigul district in the state of Tamil Nadu. It is the most famous hill station and honeymoon destination in South India. There is no snowfall here, but the weather here is very pleasant. Kodaikanal is located at an hieght of 2133 meters from the sea coast. There are many tourist spots around Kodaikanal. To visit Kodaikanal you need at least 3 or 4 days. There are many cheap hotels here. Here you can search by yourself and find hotels with rooms of 800 to Rs. 1000/day.
Kodaikanal is the nearest railway station Palani. Palani is connected to Coimbatore and Madurai by rail lines. So if you want to go to Kodaikanal then go to Coimbatore or Madurai first. From there, go to Palani station by local train. The distance from Palani to Kodaikanal is 67 km, where you can go by taxi or local bus.