Bihar police department and jail department has published the job advertisement 01/2019 on 21st August, 2019 for following posts –
- Bihar Police Sub Inspector (Level 6, Pay Scale Rs. 35,400 – 1,12,400)- 2064 Posts
- Bihar Police Sergeant (Level 6, Pay Scale Rs. 35,400 – 1,12,400) – 215 Posts
- Assistant Superintendent Jail (Level 5, Pay Scale Rs. 29,200 – 92,300) – 125 Posts (For All), 42 Posts (For Ex-Army)
The minimum education qualification for above post – Graduate from any recognized university
The minimum physical measurement of the applicant for these posts are required as follows-
- Minimum Height –
- For Male (General/OBC/EBC) – 165 cm.
- For Male (SC/ST) – 160 cm
- For Female (General/OBC/EBC) – 160 cm. With minimum weight 55 Kg.
- For Female (SC/ST) – 155 cm with minimum weight 48 Kg.
- Chest Measurement (For Male Only)
- For General/OBC/EBC Male – Minimum 81 cm (without breath), Minimum 86 cm (with breath)
- For SC/ST Male Candidate – Minimum 79 cm (without breath), Minimum 84 cm (with breath)
Candidates who fulfill the above academic and physical criteria can apply for the above posts.
Age Limit of candidates for above posts (As on 01.01.2019) –
- For General Male – 20 to 37 Years
- For EBC and OBC Male – 20 to 40 Years
- For Women (General/OBC/EBC) – 20 to 40 Years
- For SC/ST (Male and Female) – 20 to 42 Years
Note – Candidates from other states other than Bihar will be considered as general candidates, that is, they will not get the benefit of reservation.
Date of Online Apply for above posts – 22.08.2019 to 25.09.2019
Exam Process for above posts –
(1) Preliminary Test (PT) – All eligible candidates have to give written exam in two phases. The first phase of written exam will be preliminary test (PT), that will be test of 100 objective questions of 200 marks. To qualify this PT exam, it is necessary to obtain at least 30% marks.
At least 20 times of the total vacancy candidates will be declared successful in this PT. Successful candidates in PT will be able to appear in the main examination. There will also be negative marking in the PT exam, that is, 2 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
(2) Mains Exam – There will be two papers in the main examination. Both the papers of the main examination will also have objective questions. The first paper will be of subject ‘General Hindi’ of 200 marks of 100 questions which will be of 2 hours. For qualify the main examination, it is necessary to obtain at least 30% number in Hindi paper. Scores of this paper will not be added to the main exam score.
Second paper will be of subject ‘General Studies’. In this paper, questions related to General Science, Current Affairs, General Knowledge, Social Science, Indian History, Indian Geography, Mathematics, Mental Ability Test will be kept. The second paper will have full marks of 200, and will contain 100 questions. The duration of the exam will be 2 hours. There will also be negative marking in the both paper of mains exam, that is, 2 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer. For qualify the main examination, the minimum percentage has been set in the second paper, which is as follows –
- SC/ST/ Women Category – 32%
- EBC – 34%
- OBC – 36.5%
- General – 40%
(3) Physical Test – Based on the main written examination marks, six times of the vacancies, candidates will be selected for physical efficiency test according to the category wise.
Physical Efficiency Test Process For Above Posts –
Running Test –
- For Male in all categories – 1 mile (1600 meter) in maximum 6 minutes 30 seconds
- For Female in all categories – 1000 meter in maximum 6 minutes
High Jump –
- For Male in all categories – Minimum 4 Feet
- For Female in all categories – Minimum 3 Feet
Long Jump –
- For Male in all categories – Minimum 12 Feet
- For Female in all categories – Minimum 9 Feet
Shot Put (गोला फेंक) –
- For Male in all categories – 16 Pound (7.260 kg) shot up to minimum 16 Feet
- For Female in all categories – 12 Pound 5.44 Kg) Shot up to minimum 10 Feet