In the Lok Sabha on January 08, 2019, a bill passed for reservation of 10% reservation for the poor classes of Unreserved sections. Many parties, including the BJP, Congress, BSP, supported the bill in the Lok Sabha. There were 323 votes in favor of this bill, while the Opposition had 3 votes.
On January 12, 2019 the President of India Shri Ramnath Kovind signed with approval the Constitution Amendment passed by the Parliament.
After the implementation of this rule, the following sections of the religion and castes will be able to get 10% reservation in jobs and education.Upper Caste In HIndu –
- Brahman – Atri, Bhargav, Kaushik, Bhardwaj, Dwivedi, Trivedi, Gaud, Jha, Kanyakunj, Mishra, Pandey, Vaishnav, Purohit , Parashar, Shandily, Paliwal, Parik, Tiwari, Kashyap, Thakur, Rai, Aacharya, Vyas, Goswami, Vedi, Chaube, Dube, Pathak, Dron, Vajpayee, Shukla, Pushpkarma, Sanaadhya, Saarswat, Saryuparin,
- Bhumihar – Gautam, Kolaha, Gautam Bhardwaj, Bhrigiwanshi, Dikshit, Donwar, Kaushik, Kinwar, Kistwar, Sakarvar, Sonvar, Benvar, Bhagta, Baghochiya, Baksariya, Bihariya, Barbar, Gargbans, Chaudhary, Ray, Singh, Thakur, Sharma, Sinha, Tyagi, Mishra, Pandey
- Rajput – Baghel, Baundali, Chauhan, Kshatriy, Bhandari, Ratahor, Singh, Thakur, Sisodia, Kachchhawa, Tanwar, Karnavat, Shekhavat, Bhati, Kachhwa, Jhala, Pawar, Galhot, Parihar
- Kayastha – Asthana, Karan Kayastha, Bhatnagar, Das, Lal, Mathur, Nigam, Shrivastav, Kulshreshta, Naag, Bakshi, Udavat, Simlot, Pancholi, Ambashta, Verma, Sexena, Swarup, Hajela, Gaud
- Vaishya/Bania/Baniya – Barnwal, Rastogi, Varshenya, Sahu, Kesri, Jaiswal, Agrawal, Bania, Gupta, Khandewal, Lohana, Maheshwari, Poddar, Rastogi, Shah, Shreemali, Vashisht, Marwadi, Oswal, Galhaut Jain, Banor, Bhawsar, Dhakad Jaiswal, Khandelwal, Maheshwari, Marwari, Mathera, Miwada, Oswal, Parvar, Korval, Baafna, Saraugi, Kothari Etc.
- Punjabi Khatri (Hindu) – Kapur, Seth, Nagrath, Ahulwaliya, Aroda, Bajaj, Bedi, Bhalla, Khanna Etc.
- Hindu Jat – Chaudhary , Dahia, Dalal, Deswa, Ghatwal, Malik, Panwar, Tomar, Etc.
Upper caste in Sindhi Community
- Sindhi – Advani, Bhanushali, Kesarvani, Mulchandaani, Miglani, Etc.
Upper Caste In Muslim Community –
- Ashraf, Saiyad
- Shekh – Abbasi, Ahmadia, Aalvi, Alvi, Abidi, Shekh Ansari, Askari, Bakari, Bohara, Chishti, Daudi , Farukhi, Hasni, Hasimi, Zafiri, Jalali, Kazimi, Khoja, Khurashani, Kidwai, Meman, Milki, Maulik, Nakvi, Kadariya, Kaji, Kuraishi (Shekh), Rizvi, Shekh, Siddaqi, Sulemani, Saiyad, Takwi, Usmani, Jaidi
- Mughal Khan – Afridi, Bangash, Bharche, Barkajai, Chatai, Darzai, Durrani, Ghorghushti, Ghauri, Kakad, Karidjai, Khalil, Khan, Lodhi, Mohammad, Mohammadjai, Pathan, Kijilbas, Rohila, Tajjik, Temuri, Turkman, Ujbeg,
- Yusufjai Rajput – Bes, Badgurjar, Bhale Sultan, Bhatti, Bisan, Chandel, Chauhan Gautam Ghoshi, Jaat, Khazada, Lalkhani, Mev, Mevati, Panwar, Kome-Panjabiyan, Raikwad, Ranghar, Rathaor, Sombanshi, Taga, Tomar Etc.
- Other Upper Caste In Muslim – Banbati, Banjara, Bazigar, Behrupi, Chadva, Dhagimushi, Murshid, Nungar, Quraishi (Kasai)
Upper Caste In Sikh Community –
- Jat Sikh – Chahal, Ghuman, Gill, Grewal, Hiir, Jat, Kang, Mangat, Man, Punia, Randhawa, Sahi, Sara, Sindhu, Sodin, Sohalkhatri
- Arora Sikh – Ahulwalia, Arora, BAjab, Bedi
Upper caste in Christian Community – There are some upper caste in Christian community.
Significantly, the population of Upper Caste in Hindu in India is around 40 Crore. While the population of SC/ST in India is around 26 crores. According to the 2011 census, the population of obc in India is approximately 71 million, which is 55% of the total population.
Under 10% reservation, there are about 40 Crore people of upper caste Hindu and other religions are coming. The biggest question is, what would be the benefit of 40 million poor people by just 10% reservation?